Thursday, 2 October 2014

Week 4

In week 4, we have an assignment that is due on the 3rd of October and its quite hard, I've being spending 2 hours since the past two days in the computer science help centre and I've still not been able to complete it. We also have a term test on the 7th and I have no idea how I'm going to pass because it's extremely difficult. This week we learnt some concepts such as bi-implication, transitivity and mixed quantifiers. We learnt the negation of bi-implications. I didn't really understand the concept of bi-implication actually. This week's class wasn't good for me since I hardly understood what we were being taught. After learning those 3 things we were finally done with the language of Mathematics. After all that we started proofs, so it's getting even more challenging. The professor told us a trick for proving and the trick is that we prove backwards. This is extremely helpful. Then we did a problem solving session, we had to fold the paper 4 times and then judge what the sequence of the ups and downs for the foldings would be. This session was fun, I was actually involved in the trying to figure it out. This was the only fun thing that happened in this week up till now since this has been a hectic week for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment